Collected revenue until end of October is MVR 11.2 Billion

MIRA has collected MVR 11.2 Billion as revenue this year from January to October. This is 15.5% more than the amount collected in the first 10 months of 2014.

The main reason for the increase in the revenue collected in October 2015 is the 23.5% increase in General GST collection and 27.4% increase in Tourism Sector GST collection.

Majority of the revenue collected until October comprises of GST contributed, with 45.3% of the total revenue. It is followed by BPT at 22.9%. Therefore, 68.2% of the revenue collected until October comprises of GST and BPT.

MIRA has collected MVR 717.2 Million as revenue in October 2015. This is 6.1% more than the amount collected in October 2014 and 19.5% more than the amount forecasted for October 2015. The amount collected in October includes $28.0 Million received in US dollars.

 

GST contributed the most revenue in October 2015, with 64.4% (MVR 462.5 Million) of the total revenue. It is followed by Lease Period Extension Fee at 9.1% (MVR 65.1 Million), BPT at 5.6% (MVR 40.2 Million), Airport Service Charge at 5.4% (MVR 38.6 Million) and Tourism Land Rent at 4.9% (MVR 35.3 Million).

 

Related documents

1.     October 2015 Revenue collection report

http://www.mira.gov.mv/reports/Oct15.pdf

2.     October 2014 Revenue collection report

https://www.mira.gov.mv/reports/Oct%2014_150517.pdf

16 Nov 15