Collected revenue until end of September is MVR 10 Billion

MIRA has collected Rufiyaa 10.5 Billion as revenue this year from January to September. This is 16.2% more than the amount collected in the first 9 months of 2014.

Majority of the revenue collected until September comprises of GST contributed, with 44.0% (Rufiyaa 4.6 Billion) of the total revenue. It is followed by BPT at 24.1% (Rufiyaa 2.5 Billion). Therefore, 68.1% of the revenue collected until September comprises of GST and BPT. In addition to this, Tourism Land Rent, Bank Profit Tax and Airport Service Charge accounted for 8.9% (Rufiyaa 930.4 Million), 4.9% (Rufiyaa 512.7 Million) and 3.4% (Rufiyaa 356.1 Million) of the collected revenue, respectively.

MIRA has collected Rufiyaa 889.1 Million as revenue in September 2015. This is 6.0% more than the amount collected in September 2014 (Rufiyaa 838.9 Million). The amount collected in September includes $40.7 Million received in US dollars. GST contributed the most revenue in September 2015, with 52.3% (Rufiyaa 465.2 Million) of the total revenue. It is followed by Tourism Land Rent at 27.1% (Rufiyaa 241.1 Million), BPT at 8.0% (Rufiyaa 71.3 Million), Airport Service Charge at 5.0% (Rufiyaa 44.1 Million) and Resident Permit at 2.2% (Rufiyaa 19.6 Million).

11 Oct 15